Have you ever wondered what product label will be best suitable for you? Are you finding it difficult to choose the right labels for your product? Are you thinking about adding value to your brand through labels? If your answer is “Yes” to any of the above questions, then this article is definitely for you. While elements such as labels and stickers might seem to be very small and unimportant, in fact, these are the little things that make a huge difference in how people would view your product. They are significant marketing factors that act as the building blocks of a successful brand. With the popularity of custom label printing in every industry, marketing products are now more competitive. So, here, we are going to share with you some of the most important tips that can help you in choosing the labels that go well with your products.
TIPS TO HELP CHOOSE THE RIGHT LABELS FOR PRODUCTS
1. Know your target audience & decide the content of your label: The very first step while choosing a label should be to understand your target audience and choose the content for the sticker accordingly. On the basis of what purposes your PRODUCT LABEL has to serve, you will have to decide what needs to go on your label and in which format. Some of the basic details on a label include product name, information such as manufacturing details, pricing of the product and the logo of your company.
2. Pay attention to the quality of materials used: The print quality of any label has to be coordinated with the packaging material of that particular product. The printing material can vary from glossy to matte or coated surface. It is always best to choose the printing material of the labels that have a similar aesthetic to the product packaging material. This helps in boosting the overall look and feel of the product, thereby enhancing its brand value.
3. Opt for the right colours: Choosing the most suitable colour scheme for the label can be a quite tedious task. However, this is one of the most important factors in deciding the overall outlook of the label that is to be used on your product. The label should be colour coordinated with not just the product, but also the brand image. And while choosing the colour scheme, you have to be very careful about not selecting it similar to any of the other competitors’ brands, as it can be misleading for the consumers. Rather, it has to be distinctive in nature, so as to stand out in the market. Depending on the nature of your product, STICKER LABEL PRINTINGcan be done in simple and light shade colours or bold and abstract illustrative colours. The motive is to create a strong visual impression on the minds of the customers and attract them towards purchasing your products.
4. Select the Right Size and Style of the Font: Apart from choosing the right colours, the right size and style of the font are also some of the important elements to be taken into consideration while designing a product label. Typography or the written information on the label must be clearly readable. The font has to be consistent throughout the label and avoid using an exceptionally quirky font style that could be difficult to read by the audience. Use an ideal font size that can be easily visible and read even from a certain distance. The font should be always in contrast with the colour scheme of the sticker label. Rather than choosing a font colour similar to that of the background of the label, go for a contrasting colour that makes it easy to read the information given on it.
5. Choose the right shape and size: The size and shape of your label primarily depend on the nature of your product and the purpose for which it is required. The size of the label also varies according to the size of the products and businesses. For smaller products or smaller scale businesses, smaller labels will be needed in order to add a finishing touch to it. While for the bigger products, there will be a need for a comparatively larger sticker containing all the details and information about the product. On the other hand, the shape of the label would vary according to the design and logo of the brand. Select a shape that works well with the aesthetics of your brand as well as your business.
We hope that these tips are going to be of great help for you while selecting or designing a label for your product. Now, considering that you are well aware of the necessary points to consider while opting for a label for your product, are you ready to choose a label of your own? Or are you still confused? Well, irrespective of what your answer is, you can walk into our Studio FYUL and get your queries solved. We have an expert team specially trained to guide you throughout the process of designing and creating labels for your products. We are here to make your business journey stress free by providing all kinds of quality printing and packaging solutions.